A collection of “things”, software and systems I use on a frequent or daily basis.
I enjoy using open source, self-hosted, and independent software where possible. I also love the reliability and quality of Apple hardware, and the combination of the two works best for me.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max - everything
- MacBook Air 2022: M2, 24GB memory - dev work, portable work
- MacBook Pro 2020 (16") - dev work
- iPad Pro - non dev work
- Apple Watch - health & fitness tracking
Tools & technology
- Vim - mostly-used editor
- Nova - GUI text editor
- tmux - terminal multiplexing
- Gitea - for git syncing
- Tailscale - for securely connecting all my devices and servers
- Firefox - browser
- Container tabs (I couldn’t live without this anymore)
- uBlock Origin - ads
- Privacy Badger - content blocking
- Decentraleyes - content blocking
- Apple Calendar - on Mac and iOS
- Apple Mail - on Mac and iOS
- Raspberry Pi - for home-based and personal services.
- Linode - all my self-hosting needs. Get $100 for free with Linode using this link
- Fastmail - email. Get 10% off using this link
- Bunny - CDN and web storage for some websites/apps. You can use this referral link to sign-up.
- Overcast - podcasts on iOS
- Reeder - RSS feed reader, syncs with my self-hosted FreshRSS instance
- Carrot Weather - for weather on iOS
- Toot! - for Mastodon on iOS
- Nextcloud - on Mac and iOS, syncs with my self-hosted Nextcloud instance
- Joplin - on Mac and iOS - notes synced against a self-hosted Joplin server
- Sorted - todos and calendar sync (and general life management) for iOS and Mac, syncs via iCloud